Accuracy of Attention Score

Just out of curiosity, has anyone experienced problems with the accuracy of their attention scores? I am not sure what algorithms are being used to create the score but ALL of the "news outlet" mentions for our article that it has pulled are incorrect. They refer to research that was done by an Australian researcher on a similar topic. Thoughts? ;-) Thanks Tony

PS: https://mdpi.altmetric.com/details/54575671/news 

1 person has this question

Hi Tony,

Thank you for reaching out to Altmetric!

I'm sorry you've seen inaccuracies associated with your publication. Looking at the referenced Details Page it seems to only contain news stories that link to the original MDPI article. For example, this news story: https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/queensland/life-in-a-tiny-house-what-s-it-like-and-how-can-it-be-made-better-20190202-p50vb3.html while it does reference other publications it looks like it also links to the MDPI publication. 

Do you have any examples of inaccurate mentions? I'd be happy to remove any erroneous links on the Details Page!

Kind Regards,

Amy

Hi Amy,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. Unless I am somehow looking at the wrong thing, the news story in the Brisbane Times does not cite our paper. It cites others we cited. If that is something the algorithm is supposed to pick up then it is working as advertised. Otherwise, this one I cant seem to find any mentioning/link to our work. ;-) 

Thanks Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for following up!

If you go to the news story and click on the hyperlink "True tiny houses" it links out to the publication. I've pasted a screenshot below. 

Please do let me know if you have any other issues!

Kind Regards,

Amy 

Amy, the link takes you to Shearer's work not ours. Here is the article it links. Below is ours. Again, unless I misunderstand what the algorithm is supposed to do (which can be), none of the news outlets cite us ...always someone else ;-) Tony

This is ours: 

Login or Signup to post a comment