What citation data is included in Altmetric?
Two sources of citation data are available in Altmetric:
- Scopus citation counts are available via the Altmetric Explorer for Publishers and Institutions platforms, enabling you to view the academic impact of over five million research outputs alongside the online attention they have received from a broader audience.
- Clarivate Analytics Web of Science™ citation data is available in Explorer for Institutions for Web of Science subscribers only. If you are a Web of Science Web Services Lite or Web Services Expanded subscriber, you can arrange for Web of Science citation data to appear in Explorer for Institutions. Please complete this form in order to activate citation data in your EFI instance.
Where can I view citation data in Altmetric?
Citation data is accessible via tabs on the Altmetric details page and in the summary on the left panel when accessed from within the Explorer.
How do I view a details page and citation data from within the Explorer?
1. In the Altmetric Explorer, click on the donut for an item:
2. This opens the Altmetric Details Page for that item in a pop-up window:
You can now see the citation counts for that output in the left-hand side of the page, in this case from both Web of Science and Scopus.
4. Click the Scopus or Web of Science tabs to see more information.
Please note: citations are not visible when opening the Altmetric Details Page in a new tab.