Subscribe to Altmetric email reports to keep up-to-date with new mentions of your research outputs in a given timeframe. Reports land in your inbox as frequently as you like and help you monitor trending outputs and attention across sources.
Step-by-step guide to setting up an email alert
1. Run any search in Explorer for Publishers.
2. Hit Save Search in the top-right of the results panel.
3. Go to Saved Searches in the left-hand sidebar:
4. Re-name your search to something memorable using the green pencil.
5. Select Daily, Weekly, or Monthly, depending on how often you want to receive alerts.
6. You can also send an example email report to see what things look like. Here's an example report:
7. View, edit or unsubscribe from any of your email reports by following the links at the end of each email report.
8. That's it! Set up a report to track the outputs you're most interested in monitoring.
Let's take a look at the contents of the report in more detail. At the top of the report:
- View a summary of your saved search, e.g. Search for all research outputs sorted by Altmetric Attention Score published by Lilliput University Press.
- See the specific timeframe for your report, e.g. Daily, Weekly or Monthly.
In Report Summary:
- Total mentions: The total number of individual mentions for outputs in your search.
- Research outputs: The total number of research outputs (journal articles, books, etc.) in your search.
- With mentions: The total number of research outputs with mentions in your search.
In Recent Activity:
- Total number of new posts (i.e. mentions) of outputs in your search result in the given timeframe. You can click through to the Explorer to view new mentions in a specific attention source, e.g. 159 new blog posts.
Your reports also include a list of outputs with the most mentions in your given timeframe, so you can keep an eye on trending papers. Click through from the email reports to see the recent activity in Explorer for Publishers, so you'll never miss a mention!