Symplectic Elements includes an option to assign specific types to user profiles, depending on their role in the institution.
The available profile types are:
- Academic : Excludes all users with non-academic profiles (e.g. admin staff). When a user is marked as Academic, Elements is set to automatically retrieve their publication data from external sources
- Student : Excludes Academic users and any other non-academic profiles (e.g. admin staff)
In some instances, users may be assigned to both these types, or to neither (e.g. admin staff).
Importing users based on their profile type can be configured to:
- Import All users
- Only import users that are set as Academic or Student
- Import Academic users only
If you would like to customize your existing configuration settings please contact email@example.com.
User status, profile type and privacy level settings work in combination. For example:
- If Current users and Academic users are both selected, only those users that are both current and academic will be imported (as opposed to importing all current users, and in addition all academic users separately)
If Current users, Academic users and the Public privacy setting are all selected, only those users that are both current and academic, and marked as Public, will be imported
Changes to your Explorer for Institutions configuration will trigger a reset and full import of your Elements data. Depending on the size of your institution it may take several days to complete.